FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

Emma has been talking about going to school for weeks now and as the day got closer, she would tell you the exact date and who her teahcers are. Needless to say she was very excited until a couple of days before. On Saturday she told me she did not want to go to school until she was 5 years old. I encouraged her, building up the teachers and all the little kids she will meet and play with. This did not seem to work, so I got her excited again by telling her that she got to wear her new jean skirt and shirt the first day. Emma's excitement was back. We laid her new school clothes out the night before and she woke up at 6:30 a.m. to put them on. She came into our bedroom all dressed, hair brushed and clips in. Emma bounced around the house waiting for 8:50 a.m. to come around to leave. Well, at 8:45 a.m. the excitement wore off and she was in tears telling me she was scared to go to school. I gave her lots of hugs and kisses, ensuring her that mom or dad will be there to drop her off and pick her up, and that it was only 2 1/2 hours long. This did not seem to help, and we left the house with her crying, holding her stuffed kitten tight.
By the time we arrived at school, Emma had stopped crying. Dann met us there and we all walked into the school together. Emma was somewhat calm again and was excited to sit down at the play-dough table and start creating. I gave her a kiss and said bye, and the water works started again. I knew she would cry, so I had to be brave and walk away. Dann stayed with her for a couple more minutes and then he too had to depart, leaving Emma in the capable hands of "Kerry & Doreen" (her teachers). The fear in her eyes was very evident, but I knew within minutes of our departure, she would love it (just like day home etc. when she was younger).
Dann and I went back at 11:45 a.m. to pick her up and Emma was the happiest little girl on earth. She loved school (like there was any doubt). They read books, played in the gym with the parachute and plastic balls, got a sticker for her heathly snack, and played with all the toys. Emma cannot wait to go back!!! My little baby girl is all grown up!!
3 comments:
Too cute! I've been pre-warning Calli that she has to be a big girl and that school is just for big girls like her. She keeps saying "I knoooowww." So I'm hoping she is ok when I drop her off on Monday! I think she'll be fine, judging from her performance last week when we went to the Open House. I'm not sure she actually realized I was there at all!!
Good Luck Emma! I love your new skirt and shirt!! You are such a big girl!! Love J,A,C and M
Emma, you are so cute in your new skirt and shirt! We love that you love going to school and we wish you many happy, happy days. Yes, Mom and
Dad, she is growing up fast. Give her extra hugs and kisses for us.
Love and hugs to all H & H
A School Day is only 2.5 hours long nowadays? Man oh man, in my day we went 8 hours long, and had to walk 3 miles each way.....carrying bundles of firewood on our backs.
Post a Comment