Friday, December 08, 2006

Galaxyland...

We went to the City this past week for a little get-a-way (shopping and visiting). We had a great time with our family and friends.
Monday we decided to head to West Edmonton Mall with the kids. Emma was very excited about going to Galaxyland this time. In the past she would get excited, but when she actually saw the rides, she would just watch the other kids. She would always say, "I will just watch, maybe when I get a little older I will ride the rides!"
Emma has been asking to go to Disneyland, but we told her we are not going to Disneyland to watch other kids ride the rides. This statement must have sunk in because Emma could not get on the rides fast enough this time around. With her friend Nicholas in tow, they ran from ride to ride, showing the operator their wrist band, then finding the perfect horse, car or seat.


Emma loved the little dragon rollercoaster and was prepared to go on the larger one (the junior one, not the huge one) with me, but Dann figured it was not a good idea. He thought it might be a bit fast for her and she might go back to watching rides again. I think she would have loved it, but I never pushed it (next time).


Nicholas and Emma on their dirt bikes


Emma saw the "Flying Galleon" ride and wanted to go on it with me. I was surprised she wanted to go on the Big Ship, after all, it is a big ride for a 3 year old. I forgot how high that ship really goes, especially when you sit in the very back row. My stomach dropped, so I can only imagine how Emma was feeling. I just kept laughing, encouraging her that we were having fun. Emma held my arm tight and said she did not really like the ship. Emma kept laughing cause I was (my psychology paid off) and after the ride stopped, Emma commented that the ship was a little high for her, but maybe next time she would like it more.



Ethan was a trooper the whole time at the mall. He slept and hung out in his car seat. We had to buy him a new outfit at Old Navy though, cause he had a big blow out (all the way up his back). Years ago a co-worker of mine in PR told me a story about his baby boy at West Edmonton Mall regarding the same thing. I believe he told me that his wife threw everything into the garbage and they purchased new diggs for Johnny... too funny.
Dann managed to get a pic of Ethan smiling... too cute!
We stopped at the petting zoo... the bunny was so soft!

This is Emma and her friend Abbey...
Two little Princesses

Emma took a liking to Nicholas' truck and zoomed around the basement.


No comments: