Although it was quiet around our place this Easter, as Dann had to work and no company visiting, we still managed to do all the traditional "kid" things!
We started by colouring some Easter Eggs.
Dann was not as creative this year, but we still had fun.
Ethan just hung out and watched, while Emma dipped the eggs into all the different dyes.

The Easter Bunny managed to find his way through all the snow and dropped off some goodies for the kids (I think he borrowed Santa's sleigh to get through all the snow we still have).
Emma was thrilled when she woke up Easter Sunday. She ran around the house telling us the Easter Bunny came through the night.
Ethan got a big yellow ducky, which he loves to suck on!
Emma got a big pink bunny and a new Easter dress, along with many chocolates!
Emma had fun hunting for eggs in the basement... she told me that she got the most eggs (I told her that no one else was looking) but she did not really get what I was saying. I told her that in a couple of years, Ethan would be hunting for the eggs too and she would have to share. Emma stated, "that's not for a while yet mom!"
Of course, Emma won the chocolate chicken for finding the most eggs (even if she was playing the game alone...LOL)!
Here's a great picture Dann got of Ethan in the tub. He is way too big for the little tub now, but still loves it! Don't you love that Dann caught Ethan's drool in mid-stream!
Too cute!!
The snow has not stopped Emma from playing outside this winter. She gears up in her winter stuff and is out the door. Although I think her hat is really cute, she likes to spice it up with a princess crown (she's such a girl)!as you can see from the pictures below!

Emma and her friend Darby spend hours outside swinging and playing in her doll house/cabin (thanks Marg & Bob, Emma still loves playing in that thing).
PEEK-A-BOOHere's Ethan in his Elton John glasses (we have a similar picture of Emma at the same age sporting the same shades with me).

Emma's preschool made tie-dye shirts. We ordered a child's medium, but the t-shirts ended up being youth sizes, so now Emma's shirt is a dress.
Her class had a tie-dye shirt day, so Emma spiced up her dress with some black tights & boots!
Just another sweet photo of my handsome boy!
Not sure how many of you remember the "Stretch Armstrong" doll from the 80's? Dann loved the thing and got one for Christmas, but of course it sprang a leak and it went in the garbage.While we were shopping at Wal-Mart one day, Dann came across the new and improved "Mr. Fantastic" for a great deal ($2.00 on sale). He had to buy one for himself and the neighbour's boys!
Emma loves it as much as Dann. She especially loves it when I make the kookie face while we pull Mr. Fantastic from limb-to-limb.

Emma is very excited for soccer season to start May 1st. We bought he some new soccer cleats, so she decided to show off her new "athletic" look.
She cannot wait to get her team jersey (for now, she just wears a ex-large t-shirt).
Time will tell!!





3 comments:
I was laughing out loud at how Emma was in direct competition with herself (unbeknownst to her) to find all the Easter eggs! That is hilarious!
Good picture Dann, with Ethan's drool! He'll like that one at his wedding or Grade 12 Grad!
I LOVE Emma's tie-dye t-shirt/dress! She looks so mod/hippy in it, with her boots. She is such a pretty girl. She's going to have a boy fan club at the soccer field if you aren't careful!!
Great pictures-
I am off today for a week in Onatrio-I'll miss this green grass and flowers I'm sure.
Come on Dann.....why aren't you as creative with your eggs as last year?? Two kids wearing you out??
Post a Comment