Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's F'Cold

Update...
Dann is never really happy, unless he is doing a "fix it" job in the home.  When we moved in, the tile in the kitchen had a pink hue to it... now I "LOVE" pink, just not in my kitchen.  
Dann set out to fix the problem.  Instead of ripping out the old tile (which means the dry wall rips out too, then you have to replace the dry wall before you start tiling), Dann found a thin, 2x2 square, neutral beige tile which he laid over top of the existing pink tile.  He still has to grout (chestnut brown) but the tile made the world of difference in my kitchen.  I love my handy husband!! 

OLD PINK TILE
(it's hard to see the difference, but trust me, there's a huge difference)



NEW SEXY TILE


On a different note, I tried Ethan's rain coat & boots on last night (if you recall, there was a picture of him sporting this outfit when he was 1 month old - baby gift from Shelly).  Well it fits now and looks soooo sweet!  I cannot wait for it to rain.  This may be a while since we woke up to....



-50*C... what the HELL is that?  
Emma still trooped out to the swimming pool for her swim lessons.  She is doing 100% better than this time last year.  She is floating (front & back), doing front & back glides, and the  front crawl... holy cow.  
Her instructor said Emma is doing things that are required in level 3 (she is still in Sunfish - 4 levels away from level 3).  Anyway, I had to brag a bit, cause I thought Emma would never get it!!

I hope this finds you all well...
Try to stay warm!!
xoxo


4 comments:

pauline said...

Minus 46 here was a bit much too, you are not alone. I love the raincoat and boots, and just adore Emmas outfit, how cool is that.

But what I really love is the work that handyman of yours does, is he for rent at all???? I sure could use him! Stay warm up there in the wild and woolly north, its pretty cold here too in Willys Puddle!

Bean said...

YEAH DANN!! You are SO lucky M-J! I'm not complaining, because I have a pretty handy Man too, but seriously. Dann gets the job done!

Yay also for Emma! She was made to swim! Calli has come leaps and bounds since we've had our own pool, but I don't have her in lessons...yet...

And as always, Ethan is about the cutest thing going! I adore his jacket and boots and wished they made matching sets in adult sizes! Hee hee! xo

Oh, and BOO on -50...

SEA-R-VU said...

Hey you guys...HOW COLD IS IT??!!

Just kidding...we have heard about the big deep freeze. It is about 65 or so hear today but we won't rub it in.

Emma, you are doing so well with your swimming...good girl..we are proud of you.

Great job tiling Dann...when did you guys say you are coming to PR??

Keep up the great work...all of you ..miss you and love you...

harpstrings said...

I check your blog about once a week and enjoy watching the kids grow-
see our blog to see a picture of Carly off to school in the cold weather:
http://lifeonthesunshinecoast.blogspot.com/
Hate to tell you this but on my computer the new tiles look exactly the same colour as the old ones-but I'm sure it's not true.
Sunny breaks every few days give us hope that the rainy season is nearly over. I cut a few roses this week.....close to the house though.