Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Sunday


Easter Sunday brought us many chocolate treats and two very excited kids.
We hoped the Easter Bunny would have been able to do the egg hunt outside, but it rained the night before, thus he must have thought an indoor hunt was better (after all, who wants soggy chocolate eggs!).
Emma & Ethan had a hoot looking for eggs around the house and Ethan picked it up pretty good.  He was better at eating the "Eggies" than finding them, but whatever.
Needless to say I had two "crazy" kids while Dann slept (he was on nights).




Dann got up after a few hours of sleep, packed up the truck and he & Emma left for Grandma's house.  
Dann wanted to finish painting his mom's condo (the two bedrooms and the feature wall in the living room).
Emma was excited to hang out with Grandma, Auntie Jeannette and all her cousins.

Since I had no one to cook for this Easter, Ethan & I had Easter Dinner at McDonald's... a close second to ham & scallop potatoes.  
Another bonus to only having one child around, is all the things you can get done.  I even had an afternoon nap one day... that has been a long time coming.

On a different note: 
1) I broke my little toe on Saturday (rammed my foot into the closet door jam in the hallway).  That hurt like hell and it is still black & blue.
2) I went to bed Monday with a toothache and after two days of pain I thought I better go to the dentist.  I have an abscess tooth and need a root canal & crown.

So that's all I have to say for today.
 

3 comments:

pauline said...

Your inside easter egg hunt looks like it was fun. Glad you got some rest with just Ethan at home, and then to break your toe, I know what that feels like, I broke 3 at once in Dawson Creek "Bay", a box of corning ware fell of a shelf....I could have been rich I guess, but the pain stunned my brain!

Poor you, hope the tooth gets fixed soon, that is a double whammy for sure, from head to toe, literally! Get well soon!

Jenny said...

oh dear. i sure sympathize...i'm in next week for a root canal and crown as well. not exactly a fun way to spend a day....

SEA-R-VU said...

Don't forget to document that "on duty injury" to the toe! Might come in handy in your retirement years.