Sunday, May 24, 2009

Redneck Country

In true Northern Albertan Style, 
we lived like "Rednecks" and took in a Monster Truck Show at a local business.
 
Ethan loved it and Emma covered her ears as it was very loud.


I took a video of the craziness.

I have never been to a Monster Truck Show, 
thus I did not know exactly how loud it was.
In the video I jumped from the noise when Big Foot accelerated!




On a different note, 
here are a few pics of some other things that we have been doing...

Ethan loves to pull out his tool box & hard hat when his daddy is fixing things around the house.


Nothing like a late May snow storm... 
I swore I would not pull out the winter coat & snow pants again... but guess what...
I DID!

Auntie Phyllis sent the kids little "I love You" notes and they were thrilled.  Ethan carried his green "post it" around all day long.

We finally decided to get rid of our "lino" and replace it with beautiful tile.
Dann did all the prep work (ripped up the lino & crap) and put down a new sub floor.

Dann worked very hard 
(days off & late nights)


We hired a friend who owns his own tile company to do the tile work...

It turned out gorgeous!

Dann still has the base boards to put on & paint etc.
Not sure why we waited so darn long to do this??


1 comment:

Bean said...

I should get a monster truck. I think it would suit me. At the very least, it would defer my road rage, because nobody would mess with me. Hmmm...

I love the new tile floors!! Very sexy! I can't wait to see them in person!! xo