Thursday, November 05, 2009

Halloween 2009

It would not feel like Halloween up north if there was not any snow.
Mother Nature obliged and dumped 1/2 foot of the white fluffy stuff the day before the little goblins came out to play.

oh well...

Emma's Halloween dance at school got cancelled due the the mass out break of H1N1 et/al (flu, cold etc).

Instead of dancing in drag all night long... we carved pumpkins at home.
Dann got creative with a skull and Emma loved her "funny" face.
Ethan and I dug out the slop and then called it a night
(that's really the only fun part isn't it?!).

Here's my charming little boy practicing for the big night.
He had "Trick or Treat" down pat!

Along with snow comes dressing warm. This year was no different. We had to plan our costumes so they were big enough to wear outdoor gear under neath.

Emma decided to go simple but very cute with the traditional
"Black Cat"

Ethan could really care less what he wore, just as long he was going out to get candy.
We chose one of the many dress up animal costumes in the tickle trunk!
(Mr. Dress-Up for those of you old enough to recall).

He was an adorable!


Although there was a shortage of kids out trick or treating, there certainly was not a shortage of treats.
The kids wasted no time digging in once we sorted it at home (Mom & Dad too).

I hope everyone had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

Bean said...

Yep!! Nothing like a snowy Halloween in Northern Canada!! I had many of those growing up in Northern BC. The kids looked super cute (and warm!). Calli still remembers the giraffe suit. I love that!!

Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday to Ethan....very belated. I meant to tell you that earlier....xoxo