We just returned home from our Mexico Vacation and we really loved it.
Dann and I went with our good friends Jamie & Brock.
We stayed at the Grand Palladium Resort just south of Play-Del-Carmen.
We thought we would celebrate Dann's 40th Birthday (2 weeks early) and fun was had by all.
The white sand beaches are amazing and just as we remembered them when we visited the area 12 years ago on our honeymoon.
Those pink flamingos are the real deal not like the lawn ornaments you see in Alberta.
The resort was very big but it had a lot to offer and we worked off some of the calories (booze & food) walking to different pools, beaches & restaurants.
Here's the crew heading out for Italian night.
Some of the tropical flowers blow me away.
I truly was meant to live somewhere HOT!
The beach at our resort.
Dann & Brock taking advantage of non-stop, all you can drink, alcohol!
One of the pools at our resort - The Colonel
(there were a few different choices, including adult only pools)
Dann, Jamie and I decided to get some henna art done for the beach. Dann got an arm bar, Jamie got a wrist band and I got this flower on the middle of my back.
It lasted the whole week and we got a free touch up before we left.
This is a photo of the "Royal Suites" at our resort.
I am not sure how much more it was to stay there but they looked amazing.
The swim-up bar at the "Whitesands" pool!
Dann & Brock spent just a bit of time here... lol!
Our house keepers name was "Gustavo" and he made us terrific towel animals daily.
We bought a bunch of dollar store items for kids and left a couple gift bags for him to take home to his kiddies.
Here we are just before our feast at the Mediterranean restaurant. I got a lot of compliments on this dress.
Funny part is I bought it from the Avon catalog 2 years ago for dirt cheap...
We made 2 separate trips into Playa-Del-Carmen to shop.
Our first trip Dann asked a police officer for a photo.
He was hesitant but let us take the photo.
Notice his hand on his leg sidearm while Jamie snapped the picture!
After a lot of walking and shopping we made our way to the beach and pulled up the best table & deal to drink beer.
Our waiter was "Francesco" and he was a lot of fun to talk with.
One big happy family... so to speak!
More photos of the spectacular view.
Jamie & Brock and in the back ground, ever so faint, the Island of Cozumel.
Can we move here Dann?
(that was what I was thinking when Brock took the photo)
This is what we looked at every day on the beach at our resort.
In the afternoon we would make our way to the pool.
Notice all the pool loungers emerged (built in) in the water...
I spent many hours reading & baking in them!
Our last night we went to the Mexican restaurant and it was delicious! We celebrated Dann's 40th that night and he was serenaded and everything!
(love the hat)
HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY DANN!
A couple mornings were really windy and the white caps were evident. It did not stop the friendly critters to come out and sun themselves...
I can only assume another Canadian was at the resort recently.
I loved these cabanas and the bar was only a few feet away!
These last two photos should have been at the beginning but I messed up. I guess they are a perfect ending to a perfect trip. We were all goofing around at the beach side grill & bar and that really sums up the trip...
GOOFY, FUN and RELAXING
(just what the doctor ordered)!!
2 comments:
YAY! So much FUN! Al's 40th is next year, and some plans are in the works for a few couples that are turning the big 4-0 to go to Mexico. Hope it all goes thru ~ I would love a sun-filled, tequila based, whoopin-it-up holiday (without kids) LOL!!
Looks like you had a great time, the pictures are awesome.
Hope all is well with you, everytime wears something of Ethan's ~ we think of you guys!! ☺
YAY! So much FUN! Al's 40th is next year, and some plans are in the works for a few couples that are turning the big 4-0 to go to Mexico. Hope it all goes thru ~ I would love a sun-filled, tequila based, whoopin-it-up holiday (without kids) LOL!!
Looks like you had a great time, the pictures are awesome.
Hope all is well with you, everytime Evan wears something of Ethan's ~ we think of you guys!! ☺
Post a Comment