Sunday, July 09, 2006

Our Big Adventure

Our big adventure consisted of going to three different hardware stores in search of some new bathroom fixtures. We decided that we needed to "spice up" our basement, which included the bathroom.
Dann found this floor model sink & cabinet and the lady was willing to give us a racey deal. Although the cabinet looks black in the photo, it is called "chocolate brown", and the lady threw in the faucet set for half price ($50.00 value). This new sink & cabinet will replace an exsisting white mini pedestal sink (which is all scratched up & not from us). The cabinet will offer some storage space for towels etc. and the larger sink will offer a place for soap or whatever. The faucet color is called "distressed rust", appearing dark brown/black with a flake of lighter rust color around the handles. It looks pretty sexy and I will accent the bathroom with "distressed rust" towel rack etc.
We also decided to put up some white wainscotting with chair rail in the bathroom along with a new color of paint on the upper portion. It will look a million times better. The last owner thought he knew how to build things (developing a basement), but Dann calls him a "hack" and is kept busy fixing the backyard carpenter's mistakes.

After arriving at the hardware store, Emma asked for popcorn and then started to entertain herself while we looked around. She found a new love for a toilet plunger and was having fun walking through the aisles, squishing it down and pulling the suction cup off the floor.

When it was time to leave, Emma asked if we could buy the plunger for her, as she thought it was the best toy ever. This behaviour resembles the "box" story... a child opens a large present and the parents are all excited about what is inside the big box, but the child is more taken with the box than it's contents.

I guess the simple things are really better!! We did not purchase the plunger, but I now know what to buy her for Christmas!!

Dann is busy working on the bathroom as we speak (or I write). I have taken before photos, but I will wait to post them until it is finsihed. This may take a week or so, as work really cuts into our remodeling time.





1 comment:

Bean said...

LOVE the cabinet!! It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished result!! Isn't it amazing what kids find to keep themselves amused! Who knew a plunger could be THAT much fun!