Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Welcome to the World

OUR BIG BABY BOY HAS ARRIVED!!
Ethan Daniel was born October 16th, 2006
Weighing in at 10lbs 8ozs, 21.5 inches long
Overall, everything went well (I only used a few bad words near the end). I begged the nurses for morphine, but I was denied. I told them I could not push Ethan out... they assured me I could.
Dann was a bit surprised when my potty mouth came out to play, but I did not scream anything loud etc... more under my breath and I apologized to the nurses and doctor after Ethan was out.

Dann was a great coach and the end result was worth it!!

I love baby feet!!

Ethan and Emma at birth looked surprisingly alike!! Ethan has a bit more hair and it is dark brown/black, unlike Emma's burgandy locks!

Needless to say, big sister is "soooo" excited about her baby brother, she could hardly contain herself!

10 comments:

harpstrings said...

Wonderful news-he looks about 3 months old!
Congratulations to you all.

Anonymous said...

Wow...big boy is right! Congratulations....
Perry, Stacey & Ashley

Anonymous said...

Excellent pictures! Perry and I love your blog site. I am sooo happy for you guys. Enjoy this wonderful time. We look forward to meeting Ethan. Congratulations Mom, Dad and Big Sister Emma!

Lots of love, Stacey

Anonymous said...

Excellent pictures! Perry and I love your blog site. I am sooo happy for you guys. Enjoy this wonderful time. We look forward to meeting Ethan. Congratulations Mom, Dad and Big Sister Emma!

Lots of love, Stacey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, well done, everyone looks so happy especially Emma! Enjoy your baby brother Emma!

Jenny said...

good grief....that is a big baby! congrats, he does look just like emma did when she wa born! wish we could be there to greet him and hug you! good work mj and dann!

Bean said...

YAY!! Well done MJ! He looks handsome, just like his Dad! LOVE the picture of Emma and Ethan, it's a perfect "a picture is worth a 1000 words" picture! Please give Ethan a welcome hug and kiss from all of us. Have fun getting to know your new addition! WE can hardly wait to meet him!
Love from all of us!

SEA-R-VU said...

Great job guys! He is one handsome young boy. And Emma you look like you are bursting at the seams...so cute! Have fun with your new little brother.
Love and hugs to all.

Homebodies said...

HURRAY you did it!! What an amazing woman you are, I have a whole new admiration for you now...
Your boy is pretty darn cute, and Emma is so sweet. You can sure feel the sisterly love in that picture. Thanks for posting the pictures and giving and update, we'll be waiting for more. Take care, and we hope you are getting a little bit of sleep.

Captain Blog said...

Dan, who is the ghost you are standing beside? I am not sure i would look any better after a 10 pounder. Good job MJ!! Congrats to y'all.