I had a beautiful day yesterday... it was all about me!! Emma and Rowena spent the day together, and I went shopping in the morning, met Dann for lunch, shopped a bit more in the afternoon and then headed to a message appointment. I came home feeling refreshed and excited, becasue there were left overs (chicken/veggies) so I did not have to cook. Emma wanted to read a bit more with Rowena before she went out, so I was watching Y&R and saw a commerical for pancakes... yummy! Plans changed, no chicken & veggies for dinner.
Emma was thrilled to hear that we were going to have pancakes for supper, but then I had another amazing moment... how about "waffles with milk chocolate chips" Emma and I were sooo excited, we could hardly control ourselves!
So, it went from a healthy dinner to a delectable dinner instead!! It was delicious and very satisfying!!

The final product... just thought you would like to see the masterpiece. I usually serve my waffles with fresh fruit & yogurt, but the milk chocolate chips were definitely an awesome substitute!!
Maybe I should open a B&B, I would love to make them for guests!!
2 comments:
MMmmm!!! You gave me a great idea for our breakfast! Thanks...we usually make them with blueberries in the batter...Boring...bring on the chocolate!!
What a great way to spend the day...alone, and pampering yourself. Isn't fun to cook with Emma, I know Zoe and I have a great time doing that, and anticipating the end result, usually because the main ingredient chocolate. Great looking waffles, so when are you opening up your B & B?? :)
Think of you guys often, and am thankful for this blog you have, now we can keep up with you and check in.
Post a Comment