Sunday, May 07, 2006

Four Days Of Nights


Dann has been working nights, and Emma is missing her Daddy. Emma's behaviour can really change when she is missing Dann, and last night was the worst. I found myself out of control and Emma just fed on that! By 8:00 p.m. I was ready to lock myself in my bedroom and let her do whatever she wanted. I told Emma this and she started to cry, "don't lock yourself in your room mom", she said with tears in her eyes. That is when I told Emma we needed to have a talk in mommy's room. We got on the bed, cuddled and talked about her behaviour that evening. Emma said sorry for being rude, talking back and not listening and mommy appologized for yelling. We cuddled for awhile and then I tucked her into bed.
Before Dann did leave for work, Emma was an angel and they had some good Daddy - Daugther time. Dann's shoulder rides are a favorite, and as you can see below, Emma had to get down on the floor & check Dann's toes for "toe jam". Our gal is obsessed with toe jam... not sure what to make of that, but I will try not to read too much into it!

Dann is finsihed his string of nights this morning, so he can have the afternoon/evening shift with his daugther tonight, as mom needs a sanity break!!!

1 comment:

Homebodies said...

Oh my gosh, I have tears in my eyes, of relief, as I read about your struggles with Emma....they sound so similar to mine...we've been having many little chats, not sure how much really sinks in but it's worth a try. And alot of apologizing here too. on both our parts, mine mostly for yelling (hate to admit that I get that upset, and feel horrible when I do). Oh well, it's nice to know we are in the same boat, 3 is such an emotionally charged and challenging age, and at the same time it's so much fun, and exciting to share everything with these little girls.