
Emma has been hitting the pillow "hard" the last month, I guess it must be all the fresh air she is getting.
Every night it is a treat to go in and check on her before I retire. Emma is usually flipped around, feet up against the wall, or head buried under her pillow.
She is getting so big, it is hard to flip her around the right way.
Last week the new Canadian Tire store had their grand opening and Dora was appearing in person. Emma was soooo excited about meeting Dora, so we headed to the store early and waited in this UGLY line for 30 minutes, which is not bad because a lot of people waited over an hour. Dora arrived and Emma was pumped!! We moved through the line and then we finally got a glimpse of Dora... well this is where Emma's attitude about Dora changed. I guess Emma was expecting a 3 foot Dora character, like on TV... to Emma's surprise, Dora was almost 6 feet and had a HUGE head. Emma got scared and when it was our turn for a meet & greet, Emma held on to my leg so tight! She would not go up alone for a photo, so I had to carry her and she would not even go between Dora and I. Needless to say, I was not expecting to get my picture taken that morning (no make-up and a ball cap).
OH WELL!!
A co-worker of ours had a baby girl and we headed over for a little baby shower. Emma could not wait to hold baby Isabella. Emma is a natural and the babe was so perfect!I must be getting excited about my own!!
This past week we had amazingly hot weather and of course, Emma broke out in a heat rash. Her face was so red and bumpy... pour thing. I used a sun screen that irritated her face too, so it was a double whammy!
It is starting to clear up... what can I say, she inherited my sensitive skin (triple whammy).

3 comments:
emma looks so grown up, can't wait to see her.....6 more sleeps!
The picture of Emma with you and Dora is priceless!!! Who knew she'd be so scared, hey!! Oh, the stories you'll be able to tell her when she's older!! Too cute!!
I KNOW for that Zoe would react the same with seeing the "real" Dora in person! I understand how you were feeling.
It's great to know that Emma will be such a sweet big siser...and very helpful too.
Looking forward to your blog in two weeks....so I know what to look for when buying your new baby a gift.
Post a Comment